During the day, Mark is a consultant specialising in supply chain management. Over the years, Mark has managed and directed successful global supply chain management operations for commercial organisations, including 3rd party logistics companies (3PL). Mark has extensive experience in global logistics, supply chains operations, international trade and with supply chain technologies, when it comes to business systems. Mark’s specialist knowledge and expertise can help organizations, develop and transform their operational processes into the business operations of tomorrow.
International Trade Operations
- Designed international logistics routes, networks and strategies, which allows global supply chains to work effectively for business.
- Consulting and then developing infrastructure to support international commercial operations including creating new legal entities.
Trade Compliance Operations
- Developing trade compliance strategies that protects your businesses and your commercial reputations, whilst still complying with international trade, customs and compliance regulations.
- Managing Customs Import and Export Operations including Customs Audits.
- Set up Customs Processes in international locations, which are designed to support legal global trade.
- Project managing the implementing of the correct technology solutions that will support commercial operations and enhance business processes, Mark is a true technology geek and is very familiar with Enterprise Resource & Planning (ERP), Trade Compliance Systems and associated logistics technologies including warehouse management systems (WMS).
- Writing technical operations documents for business processes and technology systems.
- Supported various dierent Quality Management Systems (QMS) including ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO27001 compliance operations in different industry sectors.
Commercial Sector Experience
- Mark commercial experience includes working with global brands including retail, engineering, manufacturing, medical devices and aviation organizations.
- Mark has recently designed a new global supply chain operation for high technology, semiconductors, which will be used in various different industries including automotive, engineering, marine and defence.
Professional Accreditations are varied and include
- Fellowship (FCILT) in the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- Professional member (MIEx) in the Institute of Export (IoE).
“International trade operations can really help a business grow. But international
trade also helps global societies to develop as it raises standards for
everyone. We also have to responsible with trade, especially when it comes
to our environment, we only have one planet and we have to protect it”.